Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mystery


It's truly sad to know that more and more young people are getting type two diabetes. Unlike type one diabetes, type two can be prevented, especially if you're young. We can't always prevent what happens, but we can make choices.

I realize that I didn't have a choice on whether or not I got type one diabetes. I wish that young people who are at risk for diabetes would learn how to take care of themselves, or at least be taught how to take care of themselves because there is nothing fun about living with diabetes.

I hope that with my blogs I can inspire people to get active and practice healthy eating habits so that they can help reduce their chances of not only getting type two diabetes but many other diseases. Life can be unpredictable but with easy changes to our lifestyles life doesn't always have to be completely unpredictable.

I can't imagine being a young obese child who has type two diabetes but I know that it is happening out there. Diabetes is rapidly growing and like my Grandma said, it was never this way before. Could it be our environment or our lifestyles?

All I know is that being a type one diabetic, I don't know what else I could have done to avoid this. It seems no doctor knows why I got this disease. Without a single person in my family tree having type 1 diabetes, it's a mystery for now.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment